So...our summer.
May: Mike finished classes and I started working as a clinical dietitian at Porter Adventist Hospital. I love it because being a religious facility, it has statues of Christ and scriptural references in all its decor. Its mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ. Plus, being adventist they serve lost of vegetarian fare which has partly inspired me to to semivegetarian eating (they actually are calling it flexitarian now- more on that later). It has been much harder than I expected to train and learn the job, but am starting to feel more competent.
In June went to Las Vegas for a wedding and we blessed Aubrey there. My parents even flew out for the blessing so we got to see Mikes family and my parents. It was a real treat. We all slept in one room which was interesting. It worked out for the most part, except a couple incidents of a not sleepy Elena who decided to change Aubrey's diaper only to realize she could take it off yet not put one on. During a nap, a not so sleepy Elena snuck out and covered herself in soap as is she were putting lotion and hair conditioner on. It is true that boredom breeds mischeif
July: For the 4th we did fire works. Surprisingly Aubrey loved it while Elena became terrified and begged to leave. It was probably better. She has gone to the bathroom before we left and when we arrived for fireworks we found her going commando, in a dress. Trying to keep an active two year old modest that way is impossible. We also found an awesome park that has a stream running through, a petting zoo and train rides. The park is free but it was 1.50 for the train and zoo. Totally worth it and soo much fun. They even had bouncy stuff just because it was the 4th.
On the side we have been trying not to kill Elena for peeing all over the floor (I promise we aren't hard on her-she has been potty trained for almost a year), and I have been trying not to gag from the pee smell in her room. FYI- baking soda is amazing. We carpet cleaned once which didn't help much but a friend recommended baking soda (hello- why did I not think of that before?). We dumped 2 big boxes on the floor and let is sit for hours and it greatly improved it. I revoked my ban on not allowing anyone to come over due to odor issues. Maybe we will make some friends now haha.
Here are a few fun pictures...
2 comments:
Fun, cute pictures. You are just beautiful, Natalie. Your job sounds interesting. I would love to hear more about the vegeterian stuff. I don't think our family would ever be vegeterian, but I do like the idea of having meat be part of our meals only some days of the week. Sometimes I feel like my dinner plans revolve around chicken or beef. Anyway, there's at least one audience for another post! You look happy and well.
Your kids are so stinkin cute! You guys look like you are having so much fun!
Post a Comment