Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How fun to be one!

Fall is always so much fun, with the changes that take place and the anticipation of the holiday season! We bought some hot cocoa, apples and carmel dip, and got out our fleece PJ's (it has actually been very cold here for fall). Elena's birthday was on September 19th. Maceys gives a free small cake for babies 1st birthday, so we got a watermelon cake Elena could tear to pieces. Some family was over to eat some cake, but getting past the dye soaked frosting was a little too much for us. Aunt Angela preferred smearing frosting on Elenas face. We had Elena's birthday party with my friends little boy Henry, the weekend after. We made it bug themed, and it was a success. We had dirt n worms, ant farm pudding, ants on a log, rotten fruit platte and a lady bug and catepillar cake. It was lots of fun to see the kids play, but man I was tired by the end of the day! Along with birthday parties, turning 1 year brings- immunizations! This was definitely the hardest, mostly because the shot broke in her leg when the nurse gave it to her. Oh it was so sad! But, the second we poped a tootsie pop in her mouth I never heard another cry. By the time we got home she had sucked most the lollipop and had covered herself in sticky drool. But she was happy!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I just realized all the pictures I post have her partially or completely naked- I promise we do cloth her... sometimes.

We Krazy Knuts said...

I just think she is so so cute!!! You are so talented, making those cute cakes and doing all of those fun things!!!
It's fun to see all the cute pics!

Sarah and Wes said...

Yay, you got some pictures posted!!! Very cute--and I LOVE the ladybug cake! I just hope I can and will be that creative when I need to be. Although, we still have a long way for birthday number 1! I just hoping for a BIRTH DAY! Sooner than later preferably. Thanks for sharing the pix!