Last year I was home and mike did part time (unpaid) internship with school. It was fairly low key. This year, I am working 3 days a week, mike is doing school full time and looking for more work. It is so nice to not live off loans, and to use my education we sacrificed so much for. Still, I miss being a full time mom and more than anything am excited when I won't have to work quite as much. Nothing can fill a heart more than the smile, or hug of a child. Elena is quite the softy, who always says " I love you so much." What could be better than their affection?
For the last couple weeks, to enjoy the last bits of summer we went bowling, camping, swimming, to a fair. Each of those deserve a blog post, but don't count on it. :)
More change that is just around the corner is our always growing girls.
Aubrey: She has a tooth that is just peeking through, but you still can't feel it very much. She is so smiley, I will forever miss the toothless grin. She genuinely loves to laugh, and does it all the time. Her hair is FINALLY starting to sprout. The other day she had bed head, I didn't even know she had enough to get be head. She just figured out crawling 3 weeks ago and now she is picking up speed. She loves to stand, and I bet she will be walking in a couple more months.
Elena: Turning 3 next week! She finally learned how to ride her bike about the time Aubrey learned to crawl. Today, we went on a walk and she rode her bike. She decided Aubrey wanted a ride, so I held Aubrey on her seat and Elena pushed her. Aubrey giggled the whole way. Elena is understanding games really well too. We bought Hungry Hippose, and she rocks at it. She beats us, and we are not trying to let her either. Finally today she wasn't winning as much so she starting picking up the marbles and putting them down the hippos throat by hand. We also got the crocodile dentist game It is so fun to see her doing things you loved as a kid. I hope she has fond memories of childhood.
I think watching children play has to be one of the greatest joys in life...
Isn't that smile infectiously cute?
Elena was such a good sport, she hiked 3 out of the 5 miles all by her self. She thought it was so fun to see all the wildlife up close (coyote, moose, deer, snake, etc) and sleep in a tent too!
No comments:
Post a Comment