Friday, January 7, 2011

We had a birthday-shout hooray!






For some reason that primary song has been in my head "we had a birthday shout hooray, we want to sing to you to day." Our baby was born, just a couple days after 37 weeks, on December 31st (yes, we got our tax return baby). From the onset of contractions to delivery was about 3 1/2 hours. It was a whirlwind. I didn't get my epidural until I was at an 8, I am just glad I got one though!She came out after 5-10 minutes of pushing, so she didn't even have the cone head. She was 6 # 4 oz. Baby is doing very well. She looks a lot like Elena. Things have been insane because Elena has been incredibly sick since Thursday- the day before Aubrey was born. I didn't get to see mike much while I was in the hospital because he had to watch Elena, and Elena could not come visit me in the hospital. We have spent many days and nights at doctors offices, urgent cares and even the ER between Aubrey and Elena. Fortunately Mikes mom came on Tuesday after I almost had a melt down Monday night. Here are some pictures, and we will try to write a more complete story later.

4 comments:

Karen said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! I'm glad you're receiving some help. What a whirlwind week for you. I hope the adjustment gets better and better and the you feel well. I'm so happy for you!

Angela said...

That Stephens nose and those Gibbons eyes are so dominant! She's a cutie!!

Sarah and Wes said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful!! I am SO jealous reading your story. I wish I had your short labors and tiny babies! I just read my old roommate Angela's story--she just had another baby as well. And she had the same short labor and short time pushing. Maybe that will happen for me some day! :) Hope things continue to go well for you. Let me know how it is being the mother of two!

Sabrina said...

Congratulations! I am sorry things were a little rough to start out, but it sounds like things are settling down a bit. I am glad she arrived safe and sound. She looks beautiful and perfect.