Monday, November 2, 2009

Embracing the holidays

I, like many out there, am a huuuge sucker for the holidays. You make a holiday flavored ice cream and I want to eat it, you make a holiday decor, and especially holiday baby clothing, and I want to buy it. Looking past the commercialism, I love holidays because life just looks a little brighter and love abounds more when we think of our families, what we have, and what we can give to others. As the leaves are almost all gone, I got to play in them with Elena and the Kendall's daughters Olivia and Chloe. These are some of the sweet treasures in life- the laugh of a child and the care free spirit of playing with them! we had a blast playing in the leaves and off-roadings with our strollers. We were rebels and went off the Provo river trail to explore- I really felt like a kid again when we (my sisters and I) would wander the hills near our house (no I don't think that was safe as a kid, and I am not quite sure where my parent were at the time either!). To help us remember how awesome we have it, Mike started a list on our door where everyday we have to write something down we are greatful for, no repeats, through the holiday season (not sure if he meant thanksgiving or christmas). I decided to share mine with you. We have only done it for two day, but I will update them weekly (I hope).

1- The sharing of testimonies. This can prick even my hard heart, and it helps me feel the burning of the spirit even when I have not made as much effort as I should to be feeling the spirit in my life. They help remind me of the spirit I can and should have consistently in my life.

2- Mike- I could write a dissertation on why I am grateful for him. He loves me despite my weaknesses yet encourages me to be better than I am; he sacrifices so much for my schooling, for my personal time and goals, for our daughter Elena, and for the gospel. He is everything I hoped we would be when I married him.

No comments: